Barnabas, a disciple of Jesus Christ in the first century, exhibited many qualities necessary for keeping Christian organizations strong and vibrant. This award recognizes individuals who have served CBFA by being a Barnabas, exhibiting similar qualities, serving and participating joyfully and enthusiastically and contributing to CBFA’s effectiveness and esprit de corps.
The Barnabas Award was endowed by a donor who wishes to remain anonymous.
This award recognizes contributions to CBFA by individuals who demonstrate some or all of the qualities inspired by the life of Barnabas:
- Encouragement: Encourages colleagues to join, serve, write and flourish in CBFA
- Servant-leadership: Accepts visible and hidden responsibilities with a servant heart
- Harmonizing: Builds bridges and community within the organization
- Innovative and competent: Advances CBFA’s effectiveness through expertise and new ideas
- Dedication: Steadfastly serves as an ambassador of CBFA and its mission
The honoree receives a plaque, a monetary award and a public tribute.
(institutions are at the time the award was granted)