The Johnson Award was established by the Christian Business Faculty Association (CBFA) to perpetuate the passion and commitment of integrating personal faith and business as modeled by Dr. Sharon G. Johnson. The award is bestowed no more than once annually to reinforce and encourage deserving individuals and to make their successes known among colleagues, students and the world-at-large.
The Johnson Award is sponsored by the R.W. Beckett Corporation.
The Johnson Award recognizes God-honoring intellectual contributions by individuals who incorporate learning, business and faith into a dynamic process to promote Christian faith integration in business championed by Sharon Johnson:
Examples of relevant intellectual contributions include:
- Discovery: Purely investigative scholarship in search of new information.
- Integration: Scholarship that seeks to interpret, draw together, and bring new insight to bear on original research.
Specifically, the selection committee seeks scholars whose life and stream of scholarship:
- Honors God in its focus and scope
- Makes significant and meaningful contributions to thought and/or practice
- Opens new lines of research and writing
- Encourages others to engage in scholarly activity
- Reflects a life lived in faith integration
The honoree receives a plaque, a monetary award and a public tribute.
(institutions are at the time the award was granted)